IOT Course Content
Introduction to IOT :
- What is Internet of Things?
- How IoT Works?
- Current Status & Future Prospect of IoT
- Knowledge Management – From Data to Wisdom
- The Future of IoT
- The Potential of IoT
- Few Applications of IoT
- Technological Challenges of IoT
- Criticisms & Controversies of IoT
Introduction to Raspberry Pi :
- Diﬀerent Models of Raspberry Pi
- Why Raspberry Pi
- Peripherals of Raspberry Pi.
- Applications of Raspberry Pi.
- Future of Micro Computing
- Hands-On Session on IOT using Raspberry Pi Projects
- Learn the basics of Internet of Things and its applications
- Build your computer using Raspberry Pi platform
- Setup IoT connectivity using a remote desktop
Preparing Your Raspberry Pi for First Use
- Diﬀerent Operating Systems for Raspberry pi
- Getting Started With NOOBS
- Getting things ready for ﬁrst use.
- NOOBS OS inside out.
- Booting for the First time.
Setting Up Pi to be Accessed Remotely:
- Remote Computing Basics
- Connecting Raspberry Pi to a Remote Access Client.
- Using Raspberry Pi Remotely.
- Access Raspberry Pi Remotely by using Putty SSH and VNC
Basics of Python Programming:
- Making a Hello World Python Script
- For Loop
- While Loop
- IF-Else structure
- Using inbuilt functions
- Concept of oops
- User deﬁned functions
LIVE Projects Covered:
- LED Running Lights
- Buttons Interfacing
- Buzzer Interfacing
- 7-Segment display Interfacing
- RGB LED Interfacing.
- Motor Interfacing.
- UART interfacing.
- TTL Level converter interfacing for Other
- Controller’s Interface.
- Suggested Projects
- Problem Solving
- IoT based Web Controlled Home Automation
- using Raspberry Pi
- DIY Web Controlled Raspberry Pi Surveillance Robotic Car
- IoT Raspberry Pi Smart Container with Email Alert and Web Monitoring
- Raspberry Pi Surveillance Camera with Motion Capture
- Heart Beat Monitoring over Internet using RaspberryPi and ThingSpeak
- IOT based Air Pollution Monitoring System using RaspberryPi
- Raspberry Pi interfacing with Real Time Data base
- Face Recognition based attendance system live
- Google self-driving car with camera and globally accessible
Setting Up for a Perfect Pi Experience:
- Operation Procedures.
- Do’s and Don’ts.
- Updating Pi to Latest softwares.
- Setting various Options and Personalizing.
- First introduction to the LINUX terminal.
- Introduction to the Open Source Software Library.
- The Linux Files Organization Structure.
- NOOBS Conﬁguration Files
- Connecting to the Network and Troubleshooting.
Introduction to LINUX Environment, Getting GPIO and Graphics :
- Operation Procedures.
- LINUX Shell
- SHELL Scripting
- Introduction to various Functions
- Pin numbering Formats
- The Voltage hazard Information.
- The LED Interfacing
- The First Button Interface with Raspberry Pi
- General information on other pins and their functionality.
- UART example.
- Real time sensor monitoring value on particular IP Address/Server
- GUI Conﬁguration
- Tkinter and Tk()
- Install PyQt and Qt Designer
- Conﬁguration of Bluetooth and Serial communication
- GUI for any management system
- Restaurant billing system online with server access
- Hosting and deploy your site on live server
Using Raspberry Pi for Applications :
- Web Browser Experience
- Mp3 Player
- Video Player
- Online Video Streaming
- Create the website and online hosting
Advanced Python :
- Reading and writing from ﬁle
- GUI Design with python
- Text ﬁeld
- Progress bar
- Socket access
- Making standalone app
- Serial Communication
- OpenCv Face Recognition
- Access Email account
- Twitter API
Client Applications (Mobile, Web and Computer ) :
- Home Automation based Android Application 10 Appliances
- Firebase Access Using Android Apps